Northern Beaches Council Clean Up Best Guide
Northern Beaches Clean Up Introduction
The Northern Beaches Council Clean Up is a great service for spring cleaning and doing some decluttering.
There are limitations to the amount, size and type of items that can be collected but if you don’t have a major amount of junk to get rid of then it can be an adequate service.
You do have to get all the rubbish to the collection point yourself.
The majority of Northern Beaches Council residents can book online or make a booking by phone subject to availability of the chosen date. 2 collections are allowed per 12 months.
Western Foreshore and Scotland Island households have two scheduled clean up services per year determined by the waste calendar for the scheduled clean up dates.
Its best to plan your collection, prioritising items that you would find difficult or expensive disposing of at the tip yourself.
Preparing your Northern Beaches Council Clean Up
So you get the most out of a Northern Beaches Council Clean Up we recommend you plan the collection.
- Check that the items you want to dispose of are not on the disallowed list (see below)
- The maximum allowed is 3 cubic metres. Be mindful that this is not a large amount and if you are over the limit you may be charged.
- White goods have to have their doors removed (for safety reasons)
- Your pile of items should be neat and organised in front of your property or designated collection point
- Council recommends you put your items out the day before the scheduled collection. This is good advise to prevent/minimise illegal dumping onto you pile. If extra or non allowed items are dumped your collection may not be completed.
- Avoid putting non allowed items such as building waste or hazardous items as you may be charged by the council. (see below)
- Use the service wisely and get rid of items that you find hard to get rid of normally. Don’t add items that you can easily dispose of yourself at the expense of more difficult ones.
Not Allowed Clean Up Items
THE COUNCIL WILL NOT TAKE
- Items over 1.8m long
- Heavy items that can’t be safely moved by two people
- Liquid or business waste
- Electronic waste, specifically TVs, computers
- Car parts, tyres, oils
- Sheet glass, mirrors, windows, glass tables
- Material used in construction, including insulation, brick, rubble, kitchen cabinets, bathroom vanities*
- Hazardous Waste, including smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, gas bottles, chemicals, paint, car batteries and asbestos**
- Garden Waste, Vegetation, recyclable material, household garbage
- Polystyrene beads, put these in a strong plastic bag, expel the air and seal. Place the bag in the red lidded bin
- Small items like knives, forks and spoons. (Nothing smaller than a toaster)
* Building Materials are charged by tips at a different rate to residential waste and so will need to be assessed individually and charged at the premium rate
**Please note that hazardous waste that requires special services like the removal of asbestos may require external 3rd party assistance
Allowed Clean Up Items
THE COUNCIL WILL TAKE
They will take the following if they do not exceed the not allowed conditions:
- Furniture Removal
- Mattress removal and bed bases
- Non-recyclable household items
- Up to 12 fence palings
- Rolled and tied up carpets up to 1.8m long (max 3 rolls)
- Empty hot water systems
- White-goods – with doors removed
- Up to three sheets of metal roofing – maximum size 1m x 1.5m
- Empty beanbags. Put the polystyrene beads in a strong plastic bag, expel the air, seal and place them in the red lidded bin
- Small items (must be larger than a toaster) should be placed out in unwanted bins/crates/boxes or neatly stacked for collection. Crates/tubs placed out cannot be returned
Northern Beaches Council Clean Up Pros and Cons
- A great solution for small/medium decluttering
- Bookable Online and on a date of your choice
- Will dispose of average junk items
- For most people relatively easy to fulfill. Collection point outside property.
- Twice a year so you can keep on top of expanding clutter
- Useful for end of lease or moving home
- Limited to 3 cubic meters and size of items
- Not suitable for a large projects – Deceased Estate Clear Ups, Hoarder Clear Ups
- All the work and hard lifting is down to you to do or organise
- Hard work on steep plots, long driveways, distant collection points
- Not all types of junk is allowed. You will have to dispose of these items another way
- You have to prepare and sort the junk
- You run the risk of people illegally dumping on your pile of junk.
- Items may not be taken and you will have to deal with them after the collection
- You may incur charges if you do not follow the rules.
What if the Council Clean Up is just not enough?
When you have a lot of junk or items that the council will not take you will have to get this to the tip yourself or hire help. Also you may not be able to get your items to the collection point easily because of the type of property access or you don’t have the physical ability.
At Jacks we will take all the waste that the Council will not take. If something is hazardous like asbestos we will need to follow health and safety procedures. We will do all the work and clean up after us. You will not have to lift a finger!
We have been doing this for over 30 years and always dispose of rubbish responsibly, safely and recycle everything we can. We aim to minimise landfill disposal and follow environmental best practice.
Why Use Jacks Rubbish Removal
- We do all the work and heavy lifting for you!
- We search your rubbish and retrieve items of value for you
- We Recycle all that we can from the house contents
- No risk of Rubbish Dumping
- No expensive skip bin. All waste removal by truck same day
- A fixed price for the whole job
- Garden Waste
- Computers, TVs e-waste no problem
- Glass, Mirrors, Tyres disposed of safely
- Bulky Items no problem
- Unwanted Large Furniture removal
- Old mattress removal
- No mess left behind we clear up after every job
- We are supportive, discreet, trusted, and get the job done as fast as we can
- We clear inside and outside and garage clear-outs
- 30 years of Industry Experience in deceased estate clearing
- Fully Insured, Police Checked, Fully Vaccinated
- Professional deceased estate rubbish removal
- Accurate FREE quotes prepared by people who actually do the work.
- 100% Verified 5 Star Google reviews